How I miss thee. Chase's fussy behavior (ie screaming for hours on end) got to be too much and I decided to do a little experiment. I completely cut dairy for 24 hours. He was a new baby. The next morning I had butter on my bagel.. he screamed. Ladies & Gentlemen.. we have a solution. I need to cut dairy. At first I was worried, how would I skip the beloved cheese, or ice cream? I mean I love cheese.. the melty gooey wonderfulness of cheese. No grilled cheese, no cream cheese, no cheesecake.. ::le sigh::
Oh.. then you have hidden dairy. Did you know that McDonald's french fries contain traces of dairy? Fries! Granted not all fries.. just McDonald's.. but they are the best. Oh.. and some lunch meat.. wtf!! Alas.. I do my best. I research dairy free foods at restaurants before going. I am the good mother and my child is so much better because of it. No more screaming for hours. Yes, he still gets fussy, yes he still cries but it is nothing in comparison to the intense, make the hair on your neck stand up, screams of before.. unless of course I slip up.
Dinner on Friday we have guests over. I am doing my best to eat dairy free without making the meal boring for them. Thought I did great, steak, baked potato with dairy free margarine, salad with Italian dressing.. go me! Then Saturday my baby is back to the fussy, screaming child of earlier days. All I can think is now what, what else is he reacting too.
Stupid Italian dressing.. has Parmesan cheese in it.. GRRRRRR
Alas.. I have learned my lesson.. read every label or starve!
As for my dairy.. I miss thee.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
You can do it, callie! I'm rooting for you!
Oh BooHiss on cutting out dairy. I can only imagine the suckiness. but you're an awesome mom and will do everything you need to for that sweet little boy. You can do it!
Post a Comment