Ok.. so I have been slacking.. I know.. i'm sorry. With the heavy news about my dad last week I have been very overwhelmed with emotion.
Update #1 - My father
So I called him on Monday. I wanted to get more information about the cancer, see how bad it really was and decide whether or not I needed to jump in my car and drive to North Carolina. Well, the cancer is in his tonsils and lymph nodes. He has been given a 55% chance to make it thru it. He has already been thru one round of chemo and is scheduled to go in for another round soon. We discussed the pain, anger and fear he caused and he seemed to really get it. I think he has begun to realize the error of his ways. Ultimately I have decided to not go now. I will check in with him every other week and he is supposed to contact me with updates, good or bad. I am trying to budget for a trip up there in the next year anyway. His health is overall not good and if he passes before I see him I don't know if I will be able to forgive myself.
Update #2 - IF & Job Hunt
So we are still on hold until one of us can find a job with IVF coverage. I have a lead for a position with a company that pays for 3 rounds of IVF. The position I originally applied for won't work because of the pay scale. The HR rep really seemed to like my resume and thinks that he may have another position for me. I am hopeful that this will lead to an opportunity soon. I am saving his phone number and will contact him if I don't hear anything in the next month. Until that point we are just going to temp, use the CBEFM and cross our fingers.
Update #3 - The unending cycle
Well.. I say that we will chart and what not but I am currently on CD 48 of the 1st post IVF cycle. I seriously wonder if this cycle will ever end. I decided to take this cycle off and now am regretting this decision. I know that I am not KU.. but I am just frustrated at my body for not working properly.. ugghh
Ok.. I guess that is all for now.. Mandy tagged me with some meme thing I am having issues with so I will post that later.. maybe :)
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
:: hugs ::
Hang in there darlin. I know it's easier said than done, but I know you will get through this rough time.
I'm glad to hear that you guys talked and things are looking up (as much as they can be). Atleast you'll have some sort of peace for now. Good luck on the job! I'm crossing my fingers for ya! Hang in there girl!
Post a Comment