Yep.. that is what I said! I live in Florida.. not the most popular destination for the flu so in my 28 years I never got a flu shot and I never regretted that decision. Though.. this year is a little different. I am pregnant and the flu while pregnant sounds like no fun. At the encouragement.. no.. demand of my OB, then my husband who was at the appointment, I succumbed and began the hunt for a "preservative free" flu shot. Apparently most flu shots have mercury which is not recommended for a pregnant woman so I needed a special shot... joy.
After calling my primary doc, and 6 local Walgreen's I finally found one with a special shot. 2:30pm I walked in and stated why I was there. A mess of paperwork and $6 (yay insurance) later the nice old guy asks which arm I want it in. I honestly answered "Whichever hurts less". He proceeded t o laugh at me. He gives me the shot and I think.. that wasn't too bad. Then he says "hang out for 10 minutes to see if you have a reaction". Ummm.. ok. Well 10 minutes later I feel ok with the exception of a slight headache and I head home.
All is well until 3am in the morning when I wake to pee and my arm feels like I lost a game of extreme punch buggy. No one told me my arm was going to hurt.. and this headache won't go away. What.. nausea? Yes. That was me all day yesterday. Sore, achy, headache and nausea. I felt so crappy that I came home from work. Ate dinner, took a HOT shower and went to bed at 7:30pm. No one told me this shot would make me feel like I had me hit by a truck!!
So.. never again will I get a flu shot. Sure it was more than likely better than getting the flu, but I am a wuss. Plain and simple!
Ella's 691 week update
1 month ago
2 comments:
You've been tagged dear. Kisses!
That's why I don't get them either. Nah.. atleast if I get the flu, I'll get a vacation from work...
Post a Comment