So I have contemplated putting this story in my blog because part of me just wants to forget it. I was told that this is a journal of my pregnancy and that I should post it for those purposes so here goes.
Sunday night went to bed like normal. Problems started about 1:45am. I woke up with severe abdominal pain. At first I thought it was gas pain of some sort since I have had it before. Usually it passes after about 20 minutes. So I ran a bath and climbed in thinking it may help with the pain. No such luck. 45 minutes later I am exhausted, in pain and getting scared and irritated. Then the vomiting starts. Yes ladies and gentlemen I was in so much pain that I was getting sick.
Mike was great. He brought water and a cool wash cloth. I was so hot I was sweating but no fever. He sat on the floor with me as I cried and screamed in pain. At about 3:30am I said enough is enough. Something is wrong, we need to go to the ER. We got dressed and headed out the door.
The whole way there I was crying. I had the a/c on full blast because I was so hot and my poor husband was scared and freezing. He got us to the hospital in record time. By the time they got me to triage I was beginning to feel better and started to second guess coming. The nurse came in and took vitals, etc. She decided to look for the heartbeat and struggled. I was a panicked mess! Eventually she found that perfect little heartbeat.
At this point the pain was getting intense again. I think lying flat triggered it again. The sweating began and as she left to get permission to give me med I vomited again, and again, and again. I still had no fever and my pain was unbearable. The nurse showed up again to give me an IV for fluids and meds.
She tried to start the IV in my wrist first. Frankly, she sucked at it. If it wasn't for the excruciating pain in my abdomen I would have punched her. Finally she stopped digging and decided to try my hand. Eventually she got that in and I was given a small dose of morphine as well as something for the nausea. The morphine did nothing but give me heart burn and make me drowsy. I couldn't lay back though because of the pain. The only bearable position was sitting indian style and leaning forward.
My poor husband was so tired he started to feel sick. There was a small cot just outside my room and I told him to go lay down.
Finally around 8am a nurse midwife from my doctors office came in. She ordered a blood draw and urine sample. They gave me something for the heartburn and had no answers. Around 9:30am they fed me and I was feeling better by 10am. They discharged us since I had an appt later in the week.
I have my appt today but as of now I have no answers as to why I was in horrible pain for hours. I really hope they give me some sort of an explanation today but I am not holding my breath.
So there it is.. my first trip to L&D.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
:( I hope that was the one and only time for this issue
Post a Comment