So I had the 3 hr glucose and the echo cardiogram yesterday. What a crappy way to spend a day off!!!
Woke up bright and early, didn't eat as I wasn't allowed. I got to the lab for the 3hr, checked in and waited. Finally got called back and had the first needle poke of the day. I then had 5 minutes to drink this horrible concoction. I almost couldn't keep it down. The lady was laughing at my facial expressions.. bitch!
Anyway. I thought I was prepared. I brought a book and my laptop so I could watch a movie. That ended up being a big, fat FAIL! For some reason my laptop wouldn't play the sound of the DVD. WTF? So I sat back with "Happiest Baby on the Block" and tried to entertain myself. I am no good at reading in a loud, crowded room. Over the course of my 3 hrs of torture I talked to anyone who wanted to talk. I was bored. lol.
By the time my torture came to an end I had been without food for 16 hrs. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I wish I had went the day before. By the time I got home I had the shakes so bad. I stuffed my face with some cheez-its to take the edge off and proceeded to make my salad. I almost couldn't do it. I was shaking so bad the the knife was wobbly in my hand. Mike got home and finished making the lunch. I ate and he sent me to bed. I was so out of it. It was kind of scary.
After my nap I headed to the cardiologist. They got me in really quick and the lady was nice enough. Come to find out sometimes ladies with large breasts can get abnormal EKG results because the breast tissue gets in the way. They thought I had previously had a heart attack. I got squished and pinched and all that fun stuff while she was doing the u/s of my heart. I starting talking to her about my weird kidneys and she asked if she could take a look. I said sure and she was amazed.. lol. I am a weirdo.
The bonus was that she let me see the little guy. We sat there and watched him but his thumb in his mouth. It was too cute and out me in a much better mood.
I have a heart monitor that I have to start wearing tomorrow for 2 weeks. Then I go back on Feb 17th for a follow-up.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my glucose test comes back ok.
What a long day!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment