Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#80.. thats me..

That is how I am feeling. Like a number. We are doing IVF via a study. The study is testing the effectiveness of a particular progesterone supplement. The primary reason for deciding to do the study was that it was cost effective. To participate in the study the only cost is $3,000 as savings of about $10,000. At least I thought that was the only cost.

The think about the study is that all questions have to go thru the study group, not the RE. This is where feeling like a number comes into play. I am #80 in the study. I was the 80th woman to sign up with this research facility.

I am on BCP this month and I am supposed to start Lupron in 2 days. I have been spotting for 7 days. Yes, I understand that spotting is normal when you are on BCP for the 1st month. I understand that some women spot several days. The thing is, I am not some women. I am me. I have been on and off BCPs many times. I know how my body reacts to them. I typically spot for 3 or 4 days, always brown. Well.. like I said. This is day 7.. day 5 had excessive spotting, almost considered light flow and it was BRIGHT RED with a few clots. Does this concern me being that I am going to be injecting myself soon.. yes. Does it concern them.. I don't know because I don't think she listened to a thing that I sad.

I know that there are several women in this study and only 4 of them.. but seriously.. listen to my concern at least. uggghh.. sometimes you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Jamee said...

Ugh! That has to be so frustrating! I hope you get answers soon!