Thursday, March 13, 2008

Scared for my sanity..

So as IVF looms in my future I have a ton of what-ifs running through my head. I try to keep most of them positive but I also feel the need to be realistic. I have past history of depression. I have been medicated for it. For the past 4 years I have been doing great without medical help.

Last night Mike and I were talking what-ifs and knowing my history he asked me how I would be if the IVF didn't work. I truly understand the question, it is very valid but at the time it hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't have a solid answer for him other than, if it gets bad do what you need to.

After thinking about it and such I have decided that if it doesn't work out I will most likely go back into therapy. I think it is something that Mike and I will do together. I will have to have an outlet for the anger and frustration. I hope that I will be strong enough to get thru it without medication but I honestly don't know.

If IVF fails we are out of the game for awhile. Financially we can't afford to proceed out of pocket. The hunt for IF coverage will commence.

No comments: