Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Updates and thoughts on Gender Dissapointment

So I officially started back on BCP this morning... it is quite strange to be taking these again. Now I have 18 lovely days till I start injections.. yuck. I am not looking forward to that AT ALL. I hate needles. I have an irrational fear of them and last night I sat there looking at them thinking.. I have to stick these in MY body.. by myself. I don't think I can do it. Poor Mike will have to stick me.. and deal with the crying and panic attacks. Poor guy.

Anyways.. on to the juicy stuff. Gender Disappointment... apparently (according to a small group of women) this is a common thing. Woman who have many children but long for a girl or boy so they keep trying. They say they are angry at their husbands for giving them the wrong gender. The consider 2nd trimester abortion, etc.

Yes.. some of them seem level headed but some are over the top. Some woman had the audacity to tell me that the pain she felt with GD was equal to the pain I felt with infertility. This woman has 6.. yes SIX kids. 5 boys and a girl. Want to know how she got her girl... she went thru IVF with Pre-determined gender. She actually went thru the same crap I am dealing with but had the doctor determine what gender the sperm were and only use female sperm so that she could have a baby girl. Does this make anyone else sick to their stomach or is it just me.

I know, I know.. don't go on the board, stay away... I can't. It is like a bad traffic accident. You just can't look away. If you want to check it out... http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/6.aspx

yea.. fair warning.. its nauseating.

No comments: