Ok.. so I have gotten a few questions as to why I tested even though I was spotting.. lol. So here is why.. as well as my reaction.
I started spotting at 5dpo.. and spotted daily. My longest LP to date had been 11 days and so some friends were bugging me to test. I swore AF was arriving any minute.. hell, I was spotting.. daily.. red. I promised I would test over the weekend if AF hadn't arrived. I stopped Friday on my way home and picked up two dollar store tests. I got home around 4:30pm and had to pee. I figured.. what the hell. I'll take a test... it will be negative and people will leave me alone. So I did the thing and left the test on the counter. Wandered the house for a few minutes came back and there is was.. a 2nd line. I had never seen one before. I was panicked.. freaking out.. hyperventilating. I found the camera and took several photos as I expected the line to just go away. Who to call? I was freaking.. I kept saying "Holy Shit, Holy Shit"
Mike was at work... I couldn't call him.. I ended up calling Boo because I knew she had her phone. She answered and I broke into tears. She couldn't make out a word I was saying. Finally I calmed down enough to tell her and.. she laughed at me. She proceeded to make fun of me for the next hour while I fumbled with the camera and computer to send her a picture. She laughed while I went thru freak out after freak out. She laughed while I said "Holy Shit" about 30 more times. Finally I was calm enough to get off the phone and I expected Mike home soon.
Mike called on his way home like always. I tried to keep calm.. keep my voice mellow. Yea.. I failed apparently. I told him I had a present for him and got off the phone. When he got home I covered his eyes and sat him down. Handed him the test and a onesie I gave him right before the IVF cycle. He gave me this big stupid grin and said "I knew it" Apparently my voice gave me away.. lol.
So that is my story. Oh.. and my beta came back yesterday 325 @ 15dpo.. progesterone was 20.8. That is high I hear. I go for another beta tomorrow morning. I'm praying for big numbers!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
3 comments:
Who cares if you were spotting? Your chart was beautiful!
Yay for high betas!! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that your next one is even better!
Congrats a million times over!
Post a Comment