We got the the shower location a few minutes early and the house was already getting full. Wow.. what a great turnout! There was tons of food and I was already feeling overwhelmed but had a great time. I mingled and chatted. We only did one game.. the guess the size of the belly game. Luckily most people were nice to me.. lol.
Then was time to open goodies and there were a ton of them. This child will be very well dressed. Mike showed up during gifts and chatted to everyone. It was nice. Now for some pics.
The loot..

My mom, grandmommy and I

The diaper cake MIL put together

Chase's bait bucket

The Blanket

Ok.. the story behind the blanket is that every member of his family, starting with his mother, was brought home in this blanket. It is used to bring home and the 1st day/night. Then washed and packed up for the next baby. I was really glad that she was able to present it to Mike.
Ok.. Mike and I

The loot once we unloaded in the bedroom.

So that was Saturday. When we got home we sorted and the room was trashed. Sunday we got up, had breakfast and sorted again. Determining what had to be returned/exchanged as well as what still needed to be purchased. We set out around 11am and went from store to store getting home a little after 4pm absolutely exhausted! After sitting for 30 minutes I went back in and began the process of making laundry piles, organizing stuff and taking apart the diaper cake. A friend came by around 7pm forcing me to take a break. Once she left I kept going and at 10pm I was done.. lol. I am 90% done. Yay!
I am still exhausted and sore..lol
2 comments:
Wow, looks liek you had a great baby shower!! I love the diaper cake that you received; it is adorable!!
That's a lot of great loot!! I love the 3 generation picture. You are stunning just like your mom and grandmother! :)
Post a Comment