So I am typing up some things here so I remember them when I am home, overtired and in panic mode.
Tip 1 - Since I am going back to work so soon I need to build a freezer supply. The tip given was to pump while feeding. Sure.. I will look and feel like a cow but according to the instructor the hormones you produce while breastfeeding will allow you to pump more during the feeding then if you attempt to pump before or after. Also.. you are never truly empty so the baby will get enough.
Tip 2 - Especially for the first few weeks do not let the baby sleep more than 2 hours at a time during the day. This will help the baby better define day and night, plus the one longer stretch will happen at night when mamma is sleeping!
Tip 3 - When freezing breast milk write the date and volume on the bag. Then store the milk in a tupperware in the freezer putting the newest milk in the back and pulling from the front for feeding. Being that Mike will be home with him for 4 weeks I think this is a GREAT idea!
They gave a card for the lactation consultant which I will be placing on the fridge for easy access while panicking.. lol..
Ella's 691 week update
1 month ago
1 comment:
Handfree pumping
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/hands-free-pumping.html
http://www.workandpump.com/handsfreepic.htm
Post a Comment