While in the hospital Chase wouldn't stay latched. I was told he had a disorganized suck. We seemed to remedy that with a nipple shield. Then the jaundice set in and I was told I had to supplement. This broke my heart but I wanted a healthy baby.
The problem is that now, even with the nipple shield, he doesn't want to feed from the breast. He gets frustrated and I get frustrated. So I have resorted to pumping and feeding. I have a great supply and am getting 3-4oz from each breast during every pumping session. I just wish he would feed from the breast. It is really starting to wear on me emotionally. Yes I am grateful I have a good supply and a healthy baby but why won't this work like it is supposed to. I have a call into the lactation consultant but I have a feeling that I won't get in to see her till next week.
I am supposed to go back to work next Thursday and fear that it will only make the problem worse.
Anyway.. now I am going to go dry my tears, cuddle my son then pump.. once again.
Oh and a picture so I don't get fussed at by a certain reader ::kisses::
6 comments:
What a beautiful picture. Don't give up...I am sure that he will get the hang of it soon.
Don't give up hope. Make sure that LC knows how concerned you are- maybe she can move the appointment up further. You may also want to check if there are any local LLL consultants that could make a home visit. I had one in my area that was a saving grace. Thinking of you.
You are doing the right thing by talking to a LC! Hopefully she will be able to help and he will be back on the breast soon! And until then, pumping and feeding is amazing. I know how emotionally draining it is but you can do it! There are plenty of women who exclusivly pump and make it to 1 year with breast milk alone! I have faith that you could be one of those women if you had to be.
And let me just say, I'm totally jealous of you 3-4oz per breast per pumping!!! I for sure didn't get that when Em was a week old and I sure don't get that now!
That should fill up your freezer faster than you originally thought!!! Good luck Momma! You're doing great.
Hang in there :) ((HUGS))
Don't lose hope. I have a friend whose daughter took almost 2 months to really figure out the latch and to feed exclusively from the breast. Might just take him some time to figure it out.
Pumping sucks though, from one who knows, but at least you are getting 3-4 ounces. Its even harder when you barely pump a tablespoon after 20 minutes...
OMG he is beautiful!
Post a Comment