Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So upset..

..today is my last day of leave. 2 weeks went by too fast and tomorrow I have to leave my precious baby boy and return to work. I am heartbroken. He is just too little. I know my husband will take great care of him and that they will come visit me at the office but how am I supposed to get anything done when my heart will no longer be with me.

I hate this economy.. I hate that money is such a huge factor in life that in order to survive financially I have to leave this perfect baby behind. Thankfully it is only 3 days per week but still. I have no idea how I will cope tomorrow.

As I stare at his sleeping face the tears overwhelm me and I just want to hold on to him forever and not let go. I know that he is too young to remember that I have to go back so soon but I will never forget. This is a pain no mother should have to endure. The US is so behind when it comes to maternity leave that it angers me.

Ugghh.. this sucks!

6 comments:

kate said...

Oh Callie, I'm so sorry sweetie. I can't even imagine wat you're going through. I hope the day goes by quickly and you're home with your little one again before you know it. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this pain....I knwo that your LO loves you & understands that mommy has to work!! Try to keep your chin up!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry - that was quick! I hope the economy turns around soon, for all of us. ((HUGS))

mats said...

sorry you had to go back so soon. i know what it feels like to leave your baby behind, but just know that he is in good hands. it will get easier.
((hugs))
-mats

SweetPea said...

I'm sorry. And I know I already said this but it does get easier. You will still miss him every day, but it does get easier!!! Good luck and remember that by working you are making sure he has the best life possible!

shawnandlarissa said...

Big hugs