Thursday, June 4, 2009

No crying over spilled milk??

I beg to differ... when it is 3am and you spill 3oz of freshly pumped breast milk.. you cry. Little monster had a belly ache last night and wasn't eating as much so my boobs were protesting. I decided to pump. It would help with my freezer stash and relieve the pain. I had about 3 oz pumped on each side when one dropped. I guess in my 1/2 asleep state I didn't tighten it very much and the weight of the milk was too much... but 3 oz.. on the carpet of my bedroom brought on tears. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband who calmed me down.

Anyway.. things are going great in the White household. I swear we were blessed with an amazing child. He eats, sleeps and poops. Rarely fusses and has a great temperment overall. He only wakes once at night, usually around 3am. We go down at 11pm. Then he goes back to sleep till around 7am. I can't complain.

I am having a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I am supposed to go back to work in a week. I was an emotional mess yesterday just thinking about it. I may take 2 more days off and try to extend my leave just a bit. It isn't much but at this point I will take any extra time with this little guy. He truly is my heart.

So now some pictures (I was told that I must post pics with every blog)...

Sporting the crab outfit courtesy of Auntie Sweetpea


The smile that melts me every time!

3 comments:

kate said...

Oh my gosh that smile! You're one lucky mama! :)

SweetPea said...

Ah I love the outfit! He is just chillin' in it. So perfect. And I love the little smiles in their sleep. They are to die for! Just wait until you get a real smile. It is the best sight in the world!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...that littl face of his is so darn cute!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can extend your maternity leave.