So we met with the RE yesterday to determine what went wrong... guess what, he has no clue. He said "Everything was perfect until your negative nest"... umm..no.. everything wasn't perfect or I would be PREGNANT instead of angry and sad.
Basically we were told that between my issues and Mike's really low count, our only chance of pregnancy is IVF with ICSI. Here is the catch.. we can't afford to pay out of pocket and our insurance won't cover it. We are officially at a standstill. This is the shittiest feeling in the world. I literally feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.
I cried, and cried yesterday. Then I had to come to work... then I went home, cried and managed to fight with my husband. I didn't sleep a wink and am feeling more frustrated then ever.
Where am I supposed to go from here? I have started looking into companies that offer IVF coverage but living in Florida, in our small town, our options are VERY limited. I don't know what to do... any suggestions?
Ella's 691 week update
1 month ago
9 comments:
I hate when money comes into this, cuz it's just not fair. We've already paid out of pocket for two IVF's, and while we can save up for a third if we decide to, all the other things we were goign to pay off won't get paid off cuz we'll be paying to ride this rollercoaster again. It's just freakin' awful.
I have no advice, just empathy. Cuz I know how much it sucks.
i'm so sorry you've had to endure this bad news on top of a disappointing cycle. this is random, but fedex is supposed to have the very best infertility coverage ever. i think you have to work for them for 6 months to get ins. coverage, but i believe it is 100% coverage with no lifetime max. i remember reading about this on another IF blog about a year ago...
I am so sorry. It's unbelievably frustrating that we all have to pay billions of dollars just to TRY to get pregnant.
I don't have any great ideas. My insurance covers nada but my clinic participates in Integra Med's shared risk program. So we are doing that. It's ridiculously crazy expensive and once we have a baby, we'll have to sell it to pay off the loan... :)
I'm so sorry. EDS offers infertility coverage, but it's only enough for 1 IVF cycle.
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that this cycle didn't work for you. Thinking of you...
First off, I am so, so sorry.
About the money. . .
Talk to your RE again about your financial situation. Since you helped him out by being in a study (which they get reimbursed for, by the way), he might be able to do something for you.
I may be clueless so please take with a huge grain of salt. If this was your first IVF (if I am not mistaken) and they ICSI'd all but one then you have no idea how his sperm does. They should have done half and half to give you an idea of what is up. ICSI is not a sure thing for fertilization to take necessarily, there are a lot of factors. In my mind you should be able to do a cycle with half and half or even with no ICSI at all and if the clinic refuses then they are playing to their stats.
I am so sorry you are dealing with all this.
If you do anything business related, or your husband does, esp. accounting or IT, send me your resume. My company has a big office by the Tampa airport and has $35K lifetime max fertility coverage. I'm at fumblingtowardseggstacy@gmail.com.
i'm sorry girl :(
Post a Comment